Friday, July 8, 2011

Traffic Lights

Hi There! Hands up if you've ever been to see an osteopath. I have suffered with back and neck pain and tension for years and hip pain since my daughter's birth 4 years ago. I just learned to live with it all - until recently it has been bearable. Lately though, it's affected my sleep and the constant pain has been just too much. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a great deal - not after the first visit, at least. To my surprise however, as soon as I sat up after the session I had remarkably better range of movement and less tension since I can't remember when! I feel much better that I did, but it hasn't taken the ache away completely. Hopefully future visits will assist with that.

I am learning some handy tips on Summer Camp and have seen many gorgeous creations. One of this weeks Guest Designers, Kathy Racoosin, made a card that really stood out for me. Jennifer McGuire's tutorial this week involved a technique that she discovered by accident. Melanie Bauer, who is hosting the blog, suggested we give it a whirl - and really, who am I to say no to Jennifer McGuire?!!


After playing with this colour combo for a while, I realised they reminded me of traffic lights - so I went with it!






This technique has been dubbed by Jennifer as Kissed Embossing Powder and I used my Twinkling H20s for the first time - so fun!!! It's difficult to see the beautiful glittery shimmer in these photos, but the shine of the clear embossed area is evident in the first photo around the image I painted red with my Twinks.





Supplies

Black and White Cardstock
Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade
Twinkling H20s: Poppy Red, Ginger Peach, Fresh Oregano
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Standard Circles Small, Standard Circles Large
Liquid Pearls: Buttercup
Red coloured icy pole stick
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Hero Arts Stamp Set: Hello Circles
Stampin' Up! Stamp Set: Tiny Tags


Warm Wishes to you All, 'til next time and thankyou so much for taking the time to pop in!

May your days be filled with inspiration

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I can see where you got traffic lights from... inspiration is a funny thing! Great card, I love the new technique.

    So glad you are feeling a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sure a lovely card. I thought you were being so generous with all the pearls around the edge but see they are Liquid Pearls. I hope that you continue feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips