Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pearl Paint Resist

Hi There!

I have recently started on a canvas piece, something different, while following  along as a student in Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase. There was a class each day for twelve days and I can't begin to tell you how packed this series was, with tips and techniques that are just amazing! So fun! Sadly, the class is now over and I thought I might share a card that I made using a technique that I have learned. I have use resist techniques before, but this time I stamped with a pearl paint and allowed it to dry before I used Distress Inks to colour over the area. I then punched the bird and branch from a Stampin' Up! punch and coloured the pieces with the same colour  Distress Inks and spritzed them with Perfect Pearls in the colour Perfect Pearl which I had mixed with water in a bottle. I also coloured the strips of paper along the top and bottom of the card with Distress Ink. The gems are adhered using the Imaginicse i-rock, which is my new fun tool!



I am entering this card into
1)  the latest Scrapbook Boutique Challenge: Create a project that has the colours Berry, Pink, Aqua and a touch of pearl and
2) the September Inspiration Challenge at The Stamp Spot.






Items used to create this project:






4 comments:

  1. That is so very pretty...love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! so much work has gone into this beautiful card! Simply amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at The Stamp Spot with us this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that birdie punch myself and haven't used it yet - you've given me some great inspiration to get it out of it's packaging!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Stamp Spot.

    Trish
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous love the pearly look.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips