Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I {heart} Die Cuts!

Hello! Funny old day in Melbourne once again  - pouring down buckets this morning, sunshine by school dropoff time and now it's looking a little dismal again! Oh, they do say variety is the spice of life and being kept guessing is kind of interesting...!

Well, I have found a bit of time to craft this week - yay! I've been busy making invitations for parents of a friend who are soon celebrating their Golden Wedding Anniversary. 50 years - an amazing milestone! The invitations I have designed meet the new challenge set by Scrapbook Boutique. This is their second challenge and requires a project to include two or more die cuts that have been self-created; whether the machine be manual or digital it matters not.

As I have said, I've not been card making for long, but after You Tubing many videos I quickly fell in love with the Cuttlebug and it's capabilities and it was my Christmas gift last year. :) It has served me well to date! This card uses Nestabilities Petite Ovals and the Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron  cutting die. It is a gatefold card, scored using a Scor Pal. I have placed gold brads in the centre of the die cuts on either side of the opening of the card and secured a cord to one so that it can be wrapped around the other to hold the card securely closed. A touch of gold on the card to represent the occasion!
The stamp at the base of the card is Hero Arts Slanted Tree which I heat embossed using Versamark and chocolate embossing powder. I rounded the corners at the top with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.



I love a matching envelope, so I stamped on two corners of the envelope with the Slanted Tree stamp.

Oh - and did anyone notice I said I {heart} die cuts???!

Why don't you join in the fun and enter your own creation for this challenge? The prize is a $25 Scrapbook Boutique Gift Voucher and is open to Australian residents only.


May your day be filled with inspiration,



 




3 comments:

  1. Love these cards. Subtle and classy. Rebbiep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully made and love the matching envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful Trixxie! I love your layout and design, will be checking out that hero arts set!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips