Friday, November 10, 2017

Mother's Day - May DT Project

Hello Everyone!

Today I am sharing a cheerful card for Mother's Day, our theme for the month of May.

This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base which is cut with a paper trimmer at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored with a teflon bone folder at 5 1/2" to make a top folding card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".



I stamped the Simon Says Stamp Circle Doodle Background in Versamark Ink onto a piece of  5 1/2" x 4 1/4" Strathmore Bristol Cardstock after using the EK Tools Powder Tool to guard against stray embossing powder. I then covered the stamped background with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and heat set the powder with a Wagner Heat Tool

I then chose colours of the rainbow from my collection of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and painted the rings of the circles on the card in ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) order and I threw pink in there too, for good measure! I lay down a small amount of each colour in a ring and then blended out the colour using a Zig Wink of Stella Brush Marker which created a shimmer all over the card. The shine of the embossing powder and shimmer on the colour looks beautiful, but difficult to capture in a photograph.



I die cut butterflies using Pretty Pink Posh Blissful Butterflies Coordinating Dies from the coloured cardstock, once it had dried and with the same die I also cut some butterflies from a black foam sheet using the Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I allowed the foam cut butterflies sit over night to allow them to bounce back into shape after being compressed in the Bigshot Machine before adhering them to the bottom of the coloured butterflies with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

I cut a triangle away from the coloured piece and adhered it with Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller to the bottom of the left hand side of the card front and cut a strip of Simon Says Stamp Cardstock in Doll Pink and two thin black cardstock strips to run down the length of the triangle. On to the pink strip, I stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted Message Me in Versamark Ink and embossed it with Ranger Embossing Powder, White and placed the three strips on to the card front using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I placed Auzz Trinklets N Crafts Dew Drops 6mm on either side of the sentiment, again using Ranger Multi Medium Matte, which is not at all visible under the clear domes once it has dried. The foam-raised butterflies were then placed onto the card front. 



To complete the card, I cut black cardstock into a card front-sized rectangle from My Favorite Things Blueprints 16 with the Sizzix Bigshot and then lay the rectangle die from My Favorite Things Blueprints 13, ensuring it was centred onto the larger die cut rectangle and ran it through the Bigshot once again. This left me with a narrow frame which I glued onto the card as a finishing touch.


Thankyou for following along with me today. Please feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarifying. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.

Happy crafting and have a great day!


Teresa


Products used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
Teflon bone folder
Simon Says Stamp Circle Doodle Background
Versamark Ink
Strathmore Bristol Cardstock
EK Tools Powder Tool
Ranger Embossing Powder, Clear
Wagner Heat Tool
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, 60 pack
   No. 022 Carmine Red
   No. 070 Orange
   No. 050 Yellow
   No. 041 Light Green
   No. 031 Cobalt Blue
   No. 030 Blue
   No. 081 Light Violet
   No. 025 Pink
Zig Wink of Stella Brush Marker
Pretty Pink Posh Blissful Butterflies Coordinating Dies
Black foam sheet
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller, Permanent
Simon Says Stamp Cardstock, Doll Pink
Black Cardstock
Clearly Besotted Message Me
Ranger Embossing Powder, White
Auzz Trinklets N Crafts Dew Drops, 6mm
My Favorite Things Blueprints 16
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips