Friday, October 1, 2010

New Home

Hi there!

Today spring weather has really started to show its face. It must be something to do with daylight saving time beginning this weekend! I do prefer DLS and the weather as it gets warmer - I am definitely not a winter person.

Well, my sister and her fiance have finally moved into their gorgeous newly-built home after waiting twelve months longer than they initially thought they would have to. It's a beautiful abode and of course the occasion called for a card!

Photobucket


Photobucket

(Right click on photo and select 'View Image' for larger image).

This great image came from a stamp I borrowed from a friend - I have told her she's not getting it back!

I water coloured this image using ink and an aquawash pen (pen filled with water and has a brush you screw onto the end). Fun! I just found this video which demonstrates how I used Stampin' Up! ink to colour:

 

I then used Flower Soft  glue on the shrubs surrounding the house and sprinkled a mix of colours to create gorgeous flowers! Flower Soft comes in many colours, mixed and plain and is great stuff for furry critters too!!! I used the Spring mix and I then added to this some glitter - hee hee - I couldn't resist! The image has been layered onto brown cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic folder

I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABCs - you know how much I love this set of font stamps! The little heart stamp comes from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes


and

Stamp Insanity - Embossing


That's all for tonight! I'll say it again - GO PIES!!!


May your days be filled with inspiration,


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous image, and it's perfectly coloured!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is spot on, and the stamp has so much detail no wonder you have your eye on it.Just make sure you stamp your self a few samples of the image to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Trexxie and wonderful colouring of this image. I can see why your friend won't be getting the stamp back - lol. Thanks for sharing the tutorial and also for entering my blog candy. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips