Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spring Swing

Hey there!

Now, don't tell me you have not enjoyed the sense of freedom that comes from a good old-fashioned ride on a swing! I remember how much I loved the swing when I was young and I even remember the words and tune of a song I made up when on the swing in my Nana's backyard one Christmas day! I was eight at the time. I have to say, I still enjoy a swing ride even now!

I adore the retro-type image I have used on this card which I have made for the best friend of my Little Princess who is turning four. Chosen of course, because she loves the swing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Right click on photo and select 'View Image' for larger image).

I stamped the image three times in VersaMark and heat embossed them in the three different colours, then cut and embossed the squares with Nestabilities. I pop-dotted them onto the lilac cardstock. I cut the fourth square with a scalloped Nestie and stamped in Versamark the happy birthday sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments and heat embossed it also. The words of the stamp are side by side, but being a photo-polymer stamp, it bends easily and I placed the word I wanted to stamp on the edge of a small block and bent the other word up and out of the way. This way I could stamp the words individually, one below the other, without having to cut the stamp in half. :) I love photo-polymer stamps!! 

I pop-dotted the scalloped square onto green cardstock, on an angle, which I then adhered to the lilac cardstock and placed some bling around the sentiment. I stamped a background onto the right side of the pink card base and adhered a rectangle of dp onto the left. I placed the lilac square on top at an angle, my idea being that movement is the whole point of this card. The card was then decorated with the flowers to which I added some clear Kindy Glitz.

I am entering this card into these challenges:

Scrapbook Boutique - Colour Challenge using pink, lilac, white and green

Creative Card Crew - Flowers

Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes

Bizzy Becs - CheerFull Spring

As we head to a re-match this weekend of the AFL Grand Final I have to sign off saying GO PIES!

May your days be filled with inspiration,

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card.. thanks for your entry.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,love the design and the colours are perfect for spring!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Trexxie....what a wonderful way to use an image by stamping different colours. I totally enjoy a swing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo it is a gorgeous stamp! Very pretting indead. Like how you embossed too! I need to bring out my big stash of powders again one day...
    I like the idea of the green backing card behing the sentiment too. Ties it all together nicely.

    hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya on the swing thing Trexxann - only yesterday I could have been found swinging at the park with the kids before our picnic lunch! Love the way you repeated the image in different colours here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O what an adorable image! Love how you have done it with the 3 colours! Very spring like image too! thanks so much for joining in with us at Bizzy bec's for our september competition
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips