Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Colours Needed! (or, My First Magnolia)

Okay - I know it - I need a class in copic colouring. Thank goodness I am taking a class next month (I can only hope that it helps). In the meantime, thank goodness for You Tube! I  appreciate those who are kind enough to spend time sharing their knowledge and skills for the benefit of others. One person whose tutorials I have been watching lately is Suzanne Dean. She helped me colour Tilda! I currently have only the Set A of 36 Ciao markers, so really not many colours that will blend together well. I do have Set B winging its way to me  and I found that there is no E000 in the Ciao range, so I ordered a sketch marker too. No sooner had I paid for it, I received an email to say it was posted - can't ask for better service than that!! Anyway, I did the best I could with what I have and it only took me all day to make this card! LOL. Granted I had numerous interruptions as my daughter is still unwell and we spent the day in the ED of the local hospital on Friday. I have had too much of hospitals this year and really, 2010 can't finish soon enough for me. 

My first real attempt at using copics: Tilda with Peony is for a friend who celebrated her birthday this week:



I am entering this into the following challenges:

Scrapbook Boutique is looking for a project using a Magnolia Tilda stamp

Craft Your Days Away is asking for Girly and Glitter

and

Southern Girls Challenge first ever challenge theme is Anything Goes

A quick run down of products used:

Magnolia stamp Tilda with Peony
Darkroom Door background stamp French Script
Lawn Fawn stamps Bannerific and Sophie's Sentiments
Copic Markers
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Distress Ink Milled Lavender
Colorbox Chalk Orchid Pastel
Sakura Gelly Roll pen Clear Star (used on handmade flower and Tilda's peony)
Uniball Signo white gel pen
Spellbinder Nestabilities Label 8
We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Lace from stash, one piece coloured with copic marker
Butterfly and pearls from my stash

Before I sign off, I would like to thank Merry of  MerryMade Cards and Crafts as I was the second prize winner of her generous blog candy giveaway. Do yourself a favour and visit her blog, she rocks! :)

Thanks for looking!

May your days be filled with inspiration,




8 comments:

  1. Tilda looks fab on your card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls this week.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Trexxie for your lovely comments. Love your Tilda and the card. I think your colouring is beautiful. Lucky you and I am very jealous that you are attending a copic course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job on Tilda, I always paper piece my Magnolia stamps as I like the pattern on her outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your colouring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the first Southern Girls Challenge. Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Very sweet! So glad you entered it into our first SGC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your coloring is perfect and the card is so beautiful. thanks for joining us at SGC. hugs bettina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so pretty, you've coloured Tilda beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away and good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Trexxie, I think your Tilda came out beautifully! If you had have seen my first attempts at colouring Maggies... It's all about practice and more practice and exactly as you have been doing, watching youtube! That's what I did too. Be careful not to fall into the trap of using their style of colouring, if it isn't working for you, experiment and find your own knack. I also went searching for other types of painters, illustrators as well to help learn about lighting and colours etc. I highly recommend that too. :) Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips