Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Hi all! I hope you had a relaxing/creative/fun-filled weekend! Happy Father's Day to all the great Dads out there!! I thought I would share the cards I made for my fantastic Dad and for my super Father-in-Law. Again these are fun cards and perhaps a little cheeky - both these characters have great personality!






The feline stamps I used are from the Circus set from Sparkle n Sprinkle. The quality of these stamps is just superb and they are very well priced; the postage costs for me in Australia were minimal. The images are coloured with water-based markers. I used DCWV dp on both cards. The squares of paper on the tiger card were originally black and off-white, but I used a water-based yellow marker to colour it up. I have used Lawn Fawn's Bannerific once again, this time along with Harold's ABCs which are The Best font stamps - they line up perfectly side by side and close together - no silly looking spaces between letters. I actually thought I would struggle to fit the sentiment onto either of the banners, but as you can see, they fit perfectly! The sentiment and banner on the tiger card are embossed in silver and the faux stitching was done with a silver Uni-ball Signo Broad gel pen. Distress inks coloured the background on both cards, but I am currently lacking green, so the grass was done with chalk ink! I must add greens to my stash, pronto! (Especially as it's my favourite colour...!)

I have entered these into 2 challenges - 

Paper Romance Challenges is asking for Furry Friends
 and
The Corrosive Challenge blog is seeking For the Guys

I feel a little guilty  for not having made a card for the Wonderful Man in my life - he did make me a Mother's Day card earlier this year. <3 I sadly ran out of time. However, the Teen of the House cooked pancakes for breakfast, the Pre-Teens were up at the crack of dawn making cards and the Little Princess had make n takes (lol) from a couple of places. All in all, I think he's forgiven me! Happy Father's Day Handsome!!

Feel free to leave a comment, it would be great to hear your thoughts.  :)

May your days be filled with inspiration,







4 comments:

  1. Aww.. these are just adorable little guys! Love your cards! Thanks for joining us at Paper Romance. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cuties! I like the banner you've created. I'm off to check out your links :) Thank you for playing along with us at Paper Romance.
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh soooooo cute!- Which I was a father so I could have got one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trexxann....thanks for visiting my blog so I could find yours. Love the background to your blog and what wonderful cards. Did you see the giveaway on my blog..hope you have a chance to enter...only thing is it closes at midnight Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips