Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Mate

Hi There! Wow, the last few days have been a bit rough with my Little Princess having been quite unwell and leaving Wonderful Man and me with little sleep through the night. She has been to the GP three days in a row and is hopefully on the mend, but she has been in a lot of pain. She is a trooper though and thankfully she has some brighter moments. I just hope her pain stops soon. It is awful to watch her go through this and not be able to do much to help other than comfort her.

My Dad actually 'commissioned' me to make this card for his mate! He told me what he was after and I searched ebay for a stamp that fit what he had in mind. I was really trying to find an image of a man with a walking stick, but I am pretty happy with this one nonetheless. I am sure there is something out there and I hope to come across it sometime. You can probably gather by the card that my Dad's mate has a good sense of humour and the two of them are often heard giving each other a ribbing! I am happy too that I managed to find a way of getting flowers and a bit of glitz onto a card without it appearing feminine!




Supplies
Hero Arts Background stamp Clouds
Hero Arts stamp Slanted Tree
Art Impressions stamp Norm
Versamark
Gold embossing powder
Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Journal Glitter Pen
Eyelets
Copic Markers
Colorbox Cats Eye Inks
Stickers from my stash
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
We R Memory Keepers Cropadile             

I am entering this card into a few challenges:

Merry from MerryMade Cards and Crafts would like to see a coloured image and some form of sticker

Crafty CardMakers have a Spotlight Challenge on glimmer and sparkle

and

Cards for Men's theme is long summer days.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention! I won two great stamp sets as a newbie on the Inkurable Stampers blog. Thankyou Sarah! This month's theme is Shoes!! :) Sarah also has Gothic Arch challenges. Take a peek at her blog and join in!

May your days be filled with inspiration,




5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Trexxie for entering my giveaway. Wishing you luck for the draw. Such a fun card and so nice to hear of a Dad asking a daughter to make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Trexxie.....you have just won second prize in my giveaway. :-) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Trexxie, I especially love meeting aussie bloggers!!!

    This is a fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cards For Men and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha great sentiment! Thank You for playing at Crafty Cardmakers challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips