Friday, September 24, 2010

It's a Boy's Birthday!

Hi There, I will try to keep my entry succinct this evening as I have some more crafting to do! LOL


This birthday card was for a friend of my twin boys whose birthday was on the weekend.

Photobucket 

Photobucket


With three different cogs wheel stamps positioned on a clear block, I inked them up in red and stamped on the base of the white card, turning the block after each re-inking. I then went back with the bolts and screw stamps and individually stamped those in black. I then stamped Happy Birthday in Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I then ran a strip of red cardstock through my precious Cuttlebug and placed it onto a strip of black, which was then adhered to the cardfront. 

The stamp set I used is called 'robots2build' meaning you design your own from different options of body, legs arms and head. Lots of fun multi-step stamping! I had my son choose the stamps. I then coloured this guy in with copics, again utilising the limited colours at my disposal! The grey was all done with one pen, darkened in places by going over the area numerous times. I stamped the head and body a second time and cut out the inner area of the body and pop-dotted these onto the base image. I have since realised I should have probably done that to his feet also! I covered the cogs on his body, coloured red, with glossy accents and I placed clear rhinestones to the buttons on the side of his body, which I coloured yellow with a copic marker. 
I then punched holes and placed eyelets in the corners with a cropadile and placed small pieces of yellow carstock behind the holes to give a bit more impact.

Products used:

{Stamps} of Life robots2build
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Memento Ink Lady Bug
Copic Markers C-3, Y06, R29
Glossy Accents
Rhinestones
Cuttlebug folder Spots and Dots
Black eyelets
We R Memory Keepers Cropadile
I am placing this card into these challenges:

Truly Scrumptious - Sketch challenge

Digi Doodle Shop - Embossing

Charisma Cardz Challenges! - Anything Goes

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthday

Ai Factory - Anything Goes

The Creative Cottage - Birthday Boy

Thanks for peeking!

May your days be filled with inspiration,

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



19 comments:

  1. I love the dimension on this card! Very fun! thanks for playing the anything goes challenge at AiFactory this week!
    --Tammy L DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Love they embossing and the "popping out". TYSVM for joining us at AiF and come and join us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, great boys card too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya
    fabulous boys card, great image,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fun card, just perfect for a little boy.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab robot love how you have done him 3D style, any boy wold love to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. So love how you created the background paper and the 3D effect on the robot is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well what an adorable card! Very colorful, and fun looking. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great boys card....Love the way you did the background and the image is fab...Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious....
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for a boy! Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect for that special little boy!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood! We do hope you'll join us again next challenge! And we certainly appreciate your support!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card, it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute, the robot is darling! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DDSB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab Card!! Thanks for playing with us at AIFactory Challenge blog!!
    Melissa C (AIFactory DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh thats a perfect boys card! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great card! I love how you did the layering to give it a 3D look. It really brings alot to the card.

    Thanks for playing along with our birthday challenge over at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic robot! I bet this card was adored =) Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome card, love the bright colors!!! Thanks for playing along with us the Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Great idea for the background and the papertole on the robot is awesome. How cool to be able to have a set that you can design your own. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment - you've just brightened my day! :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips